SAFE CALCUTTA?

Calcutta is supposed to be one of the safest cities. Hmm….Let me reconsider that. Well yea I guess you would rarely come across any girl who hasn’t ever experienced any kind of abuse in her lifetime. Whether she lives in a city or a small town, weird men can’t keep their hands and ahem…other things to them selves.

Just the other day I was traveling in an auto rickshaw with two guys sitting next to me. The guy sitting adjacent to me had some guts. I don’t think I need to spell it out for you, but well he had his hands in the wrong places. I couldn’t resist...I had to give him that one tight slap he so deserved. Some men are major despos. He was just one of them. But what disturbed me was that the other guy who was also seated in the same auto continued to talk on his mobile phone like nothing was happening. I sat there cursing the despo guy but neither did the other guy nor did the auto driver care. I mean I am not some “abla naari” who requires your help. But the least you can do is be aware of the surrounding. The driver didn’t bother to stop the auto in spite of me asking him to do so. I am a city girl and prepared to handle any kind of situation but I will never forget that day because of the way the other men turned there heads away like I didn’t even exist.

I so wanted to verbally abuse them, but I really haven’t caught on to the public usage of the “F” word. Neither was I in the state of mind to take him to any cop. Anyway after seeing those men laze around and watch the show, I had no faith left that anyone would genuinely want to help. I am glad I slapped him and well yea I did punch him as well. I did what I had to do and don’t regret it. Not with reference to this incident, but I have been labeled as a feminist by some people maybe because of my liberal mind set. I don’t know if I am one. I am just a simple girl who believes in equality and is not going to take such abuse lying down.

2 comments:

PrAnKy said...

hmmmm very true..

Anonymous said...

wtf :O in kolkata :O :|